TOEFL SCORE: 273

February 10, 2006
Yesterday, I got tired of not receiving my scores... so I called ETS trying to find out my final result, the score, as you can see is 273, I am really happy with that score, because taking into account all the hard days, conditions, lack of preparation and stuff, I think that the score is more than good...

Something really nice is that I got 5.5 on my essay... why is it so good? Because I had no time to check grammar, spelling and all that stuff, I used the whole 30 minutes just to type it, so it went trough just the way I typed, and that means that it wasn’t so bad, with more time, I might received a 6.0

Another good thing about the score, is that now I can see that my English isn’t so rusty after all and that the whole blogging thing really helps

I would like to say thanks to all the people who kept my moral up this last of stressful days... Piyu, Ryan, and of course my dear Andres... =)
 
posted by Catalina at 2/10/2006, |

9 Comments:

  At 2/11/2006 9:12 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Could you please indicate how long did you prepare for toefl? What's your advise regarding preparation strategy?
  At 2/11/2006 9:13 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Sorry, forgot to say HEARTIEST CONGRATULATION from Europe!
  At 2/13/2006 6:10 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Great Score ! Sorry to know that you are robbed, but thn dnt let those spirits die so soon! Fight the bank and get YOUR money back.
Hi Anonymous user thanks a lot for your good wishes...
About test preparation, the thing is that now the TOEFL changed into an IBT version, you should check ETS Site for more information. The good thing about the new version is that you don’t have a grammar section anymore, but you have to write 2 essays instead of one and you also need to talk to a teacher. My advice to you in general for this new format is: For listening, music and TV. For writing, first write some essays in English and ask somebody to check them for you and then if you don’t feel alright, buy the TOEFL software to evaluate your test. And the talking part, try to practice with a friend that speaks English very well. I hope this advice can help you.
Hi Piyu, thanks a lot for your good wishes...
About the money, I already got part of it back... I am still waiting for the rest. =)
  At 2/13/2006 6:10 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Ok Catalina thank you for debrief, will look at the ETS WWW. Now I'm busy with GMAT, hope 2 months and will crack the Beast. My qns regarding Toefl should be discounted by gmat learning experience I have but anyway forgot to add it to prior post.
Hope will be exempted from taking toefl with high gmat score, will see...
But from your experience, it is going to be tougher or easier? especially when I definitely prefer esseys and speach to grammar?
Best regards
A.
p.s. saw your picture on one of the gmat forum, well, well, very nice, I'm amazed.
If you are getting ready for the GMAT, then don´t worry about the TOEFL; it will be a piece of cake. Unfortunately, in most universities that I checked, they don´t exempt you from the TOEFL even if you get a really good GMAT score. I think that if you like writing, the new version will be easier. The only thing that worries me is the speach part, because it is hard to know what exactly they are evaluating in this field (there are a lot of aspects to review) but if you like talking in english, I guess that this new version will suit you well.
Thanks about the picture :)
  At 2/15/2006 9:01 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hola,
Thanks Catalina, I like to speak rather than to learn grammar but anyway stres is 'most kiling factor' for me. Have to beat it as well. Ok, come back to forum need to do some JJs.
cheers
jj's?