Big Decision

November 27, 2006
The week that I was away in Villa de Leyva, I had a good a mount of time to think about a good deal of things, specially the whole application process.

I made a decision, which some people might consider as a step back, but for me it’s the best decision ever... I am not going to apply this year; I will apply for the 2008-2009 period.

What led me to this decision, well, first of all, the whole reason I was applying this year, is because I was very enthusiastic about the Alban scholarship, this is a scholarship that is given to Latin American students who wants to go to Europe. At first, I thought that this scholarship was very very big, and since this is the last year that this scholarship will be given I knew that I had to apply this year.

Since I had a bad GMAT score, I had an idea, and it was to apply to an university that didn’t ask for this test, and then apply to Alban. I was in the middle of this process, when I realized that this scholarship isn’t that good as I thought.... That is where ideas came into my head... If Alban isn’t so good, why apply so early, when I am not ready under any concept to pursue a master degree?

The answers to this question, lead to my final decision. Which is not to apply this year.

My reasons:

I am in the middle of buying my first house process.
I am in a kind of new position, and I still have a lot of things to do.
I need more financial experience.
I need a better GMAT score in order to get accepted in the universities that I like.
Because I don’t feel that this is the right moment to apply.

So well, this whole thing doesn’t mean that I am not going to study for the GMAT anymore, or that I am quitting, what this decision mean is that I want to do things right, in order to get better results in my future plans.
 
posted by Catalina at 11/27/2006, |

5 Comments:

  At 11/28/2006 5:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
You need then a new blog..!
Jajaja... Well I am going to keep this, but I also have a new blog, it is called El mecateadero, but I am still working on some details. I hope I can publish it this weekend. =)
Good decision !
  At 12/04/2006 12:59 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
The last reason sounds the best. Its your life. You decide what you want to do, not the circumstances!

All the best.
Well it is really nice to see how many people agree that it was the best decision. And yes, as Piyu says, the best reason above all to do it is because I want to =)