Good Weekend

July 24, 2006
Finally, The first productive weekend in quite a long time... I should have studied more, but I really needed to rest, so I went to a trip and I also slept a lot.

I finished chapters 7,8 and 9 of my algebra book, I only have 3 more to go, and I really hope that by Wednesday I can be done with this book.

This weekend was very productive not only because I did some advance, but also because it helped me realize something.... there is no way you can study more than 5 hours on a weekend day, no matter how important the test might be, it’s also very important to rest and get your mind going.

Other nice thing that I did this last days, is that I attended a talk at Colfuturo, which is a part private – part government institution which gives loans and also students aids for graduate studies outside Colombia, and I also worked on some other application stuff, which is my ultimate goal.
 
posted by Catalina at 7/24/2006, |

3 Comments:

  At 7/27/2006 4:31 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Just so that you know-the post below(reg maths vs verbal)
appeared in one of GMAT forums at the following link:

http://www.scoretop.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26237&PN=1

The thread title is " a good Article"
Talk about publicity in the right places :)

Also i hope that people find the no of mistakes vs scaled score range(last comment that i put in the previous post) useful. I have found out the approx scale to be uncannily accurate w.r.t to the new scoring algorithm used by Pearson and devloped by ACT as part of the real GMAT.
  At 8/03/2006 1:15 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Catalina
I just started studying for my gmats and saw your posts on TM. Now i know how frustrating these tests can be! I'm based in the US and hope to take my first (and hopefully last) test aug 31st. On my practice test I did better on my verbal than my quants. gotta get my timing better! I'm actually in a bookstore right now on a study break. Anyways, i wanted to wish you best of luck and hope you can make it here. Maybe even same school!

P.S. i think you are really pretty.

curioustodd@gmail.com
Hi guys, sorry I´ve been so lost! thanks a lot for your comments...