Bye Bye Baldor

February 19, 2006
Today I made a major decision, I decided to quit Baldor’s Arithmetic Book. Why is this decision so big? Because I’ve never been a quitter, but this #$@% book took me out of my mind… I still have a long way to finish it, and by this rhythm I will never finish it.

I know that my math basis are in a terrible status right now, but what I am going to do to solve this situation is that for Arithmetic, I will go through Barron’s math review, this is not my favorite book for GMAT preparation, but the math review at the GRE book, is really good, so I am going to go trough all the arithmetic review I will go trough my Algebra Self Teaching Guide book, which is more comprehensive and shorter.

Another reason for this change is that the other book is in Spanish and it is a good moment to start attacking math in English… so will see how this new strategy works, I will be posting about this change.
 
posted by Catalina at 2/19/2006, |

3 Comments:

  At 2/28/2006 2:42 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
I stumbled upon your "journey." You seem quite serious and dedicated. I wonder how your preparation is going. I have some ideas which you might find useful...archangel8888@gmail.com
Hi archangel, where did you find my blog? thanks very much for your ideas.
  At 3/03/2006 8:21 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi Catalena. I look at the Test Experience posts on TestMagic from time to time. I saw a couple of your posts therein, with the embedded link to your blog.

I was a serious member of TM for a while...until I found ScoreTop (a site to which I notice that you have posted a link in your list of GMAT resources). I switched to ST exclusively and have been a tutor there for several months. Basically, I was thinking that I might be able to help with your GMAT quest. I'm offering my assistance, at any rate. Why? Because I can. What do I get out of the deal? The satisfaction of helping another achieve something of value.

Just let me know if you are interested. You can search ScoreTop for some of my posts if you like. My "name" on that forum is "archangel88." The Gmail address that I posted earlier should work. You can find me on Googletalk using that ID, as well.

AA