Posting is back / Los mensajes han regresado

August 17, 2005
Hi, after a week off, I started my GMAT studies again. I’ve had been reviewing my grammar books and also my flashcards with general information about the test. Yesterday, I finally
finished the division chapter, and the indicated division operations.

I divided this division chapter in 3 sessions, the 2 first ones was all about all the
different operations combined (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), I did an o.k. job, one session with 4
mistakes out of 22 questions, and in the other set I got 3 mistakes out of
24 questions. In the final 30 questions set which was about division properties, I got
all of the questions right, which made me really happy. The final numbers
are 91% of the questions right and 9% wrong.

The main problem was that I got confused with the order of the operations. I
have to remember that division is not commutative (I know that it might
sound silly, but I need to remember this kind of things)

Now, I am really happy to move on, I will be working this whole week in a
very expected chapter of the book, is all about those little annoying
problems, of somebody’s age or distances between two points, or differences between numbers.. this problems are all about
the things that I’ve already learned but applied, I am looking forward to attack this section, it looks really challenging. I will be
updating about my progress with this kind of problems, because this is going
a very long set of 176 problems.

P.S: I’m amazed to see that my site already got more than 200 visits, thanks to you all!


Hola, después de una semana de receso, he empezado mis estudios para el GMAT de nuevo. He estado revisando mis libros de gramática y también mis notas con información general del examen. Ayer, finalmente pude terminar el capitulo de la división y de las operaciones indicadas de división.

Dividí el capitulo de la división en 3 sesiones, los dos primeras sesiones eran sobre todas las distintas operaciones combinadas (adición, sustracción, multiplicación y división), y me fue o.k., ya que en una sesión tuve 4 errores en 22 preguntas y en la otra tuve 3 errores de 24 preguntas. En la última sesión, de 30 preguntas, que era sobre las propiedades de la división, no tuve errores, lo que me hizo muy feliz. Al final de cuentas tuve 9% de las preguntas equivocadas y 91% correctas.

El problema fue que me confundí con el orden de las operaciones. Tengo que recordar que la división no es conmutativa (yo se que puede sonar tonto, pero necesito recordar este tipo de cosas).

Ahora, estoy muy feliz de seguir adelante. Toda esta semana estaré trabajando en un capitulo que venia esperando con mucha ansiedad, este capitulo trata todos esos problemitas que a uno no le gustan, como los de las diferencias de edades, las distintas distancias entre 2 puntos o las diferencias entre dos números. En estos problemas voy a ve aplicadas todos los conceptos que ya he podido aprender. Tengo muchas ganas de atacar esta sección ya que me parece un reto muy interesante. En estos próximos días estaré comentando mis progresos en esta sección, ya que va a ser muy larga con 176 problemas.

P.D: Me parece increíble que mi pagina ya lleve mas de 200 visitas, gracias a todos!
 
posted by Catalina at 8/17/2005, |

2 Comments:

Thats the way to go :-)
thanks very much =)