TOEFL Scheduling / Programacion del TOEFL

October 04, 2005
Today I decided to take the TOEFL this year, in this way I will be able to get trough with it and also start focusing only on the GMAT for the next year, of course I will continue with my Math preparation, but also the good thing is that by taking the TOEFL this year I will force myself to work on my verbal skills.

There are some things that kind of concern me about this test, one is that I took it before on 2.002, I don’t know if it changed since then… I hope not! Because I don’t want to spend any more money in books (at least not for this test) and also the location is kind of far from my home, is in Chia, so I am trying to take a trip to see where exactly this place is and how far it really is from home and taking times (in Bogotá, distances are pretty big)

Calling ETS Bogotá, they told me that they give the test everyday in the mornings at 9:30 a.m. but only on Tuesdays they can give it in the evenings, at 1:30 too, so I think that I will be taking the test on December 6th or 20th, because I would like to take not so early, so I can get a better rest, now all I have to do is register for the test. At this moment I am doing some research about which way is easier if online or by phone, but I think that online will be fastest.



Hoy, he decidido que voy a tomar el TOEFL este año, así podré salir de eso mas rápidamente y así concentrarme en el GMAT para el próximo año, claro que de todas maneras voy a seguir con mi preparación en matemáticas, pero lo bueno es que si tomo el TOEFL este año, me voy a forzar a mi misma a trabajar en mis aptitudes verbales.

Hay algunas cosas que me preocupan de este examen. Una es que yo ya lo tome en el 2.002, y no se si haya cambiado desde entonces… espero que no, ya que no quiero gastar mas plata en libros (aunque sea no en libros para este examen), también me preocupa que el sitio del examen queda lejos de mi casa, en Chia, por eso voy a ver si puedo ir a el sitio este fin de semana y ver que tan lejos es y tomar tiempos (en Bogota, las distancias son muy grandes).

Llamando a ETS Bogota, me comentaron que el examen solo lo administran todos los días en las mañanas a las 9:30, pero solamente los martes también lo dan en la tarde a la 1:30 también, así que estoy pensando en tomar el examen martes, y como fecha tentativa tengo el 6 y el 20 de diciembre por que me gustaría tomarlo tardecito para no madrugar. Ahora todo lo que tengo que hacer es registrarme para tomar el examen. Ahora mismo estoy mirando que forma de registro es mas fácil si por Internet o si telefónicamente, pero por Internet se ve mas fácil.

 
posted by Catalina at 10/04/2005, |

3 Comments:

  At 10/06/2005 9:43 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hi,

Read your blog for the first time today (got the link from TM). Just one comment, the verbal section of the gmat is as tuff as the one of the gre... In my opinion its the tuffest part of the gmat. Good luck.

Sebastian
Hi Sebastian, Thanks a lot for your comment, well, yes, the verbal section on the Gmat is not easy at all, but the good thing is that they don´t have analogies, which you can find on the GRE, Good luck to you too
  At 10/11/2005 4:15 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Prometric has a bus that will take you from Bogota to Chia....I'm pretty sure that this service is still available....ask them anyways. The toefl will change next year but the one that you are about to take is similar ( I think ) to the one you took two years ago.

Sebastian