Lord of the Rings Weekend / Fin de semana del Sr. de los Anillos

September 02, 2005
Since this weekend I am going away for a little trip, I’m not bringing any math materials, so I can get some real rest, the only real study (if you can call it like that) thing that I am taking is my Lord of the Rings book. I found out that by reading it, I can put my critical reading skills into test, because I saw the movie a lot of different times and it is really good to see why wasn’t this part included in the movie, how different it was, and how different the characters are, this is really helping me to improve not only my verbal and vocabulary skills, but also read in a good critical way, which will help my with Reading Comprehension ad Critical Reasoning sections.

I hope everybody can get a great relaxing
weekend!

Ya que este fin de semana me voy de paseito, no voy a llevarme nada de matemáticas, para así poder descansar realmente, el único material de estudio (si es que así se le puede llamar) que llevo es mi libro del Señor de los Anillos. He descubierto que por medio de su lectura puedo poner en practica mis habilidades de leer críticamente, ya que vi la película muchas veces y es muy bueno ver por que tal parte no fue incluida en la película o que tan diferente fue o como son los diferentes personajes realmente y esto me he ayudado no solo en mis habilidades verbales y de vocabulario, sino también a leer de forma critica, lo cual me ayudara en las secciones de comprensión de lectura y razonamiento critico.

Espero que todos tengan un muy relajante fin de semana!
 
posted by Catalina at 9/02/2005, |

5 Comments:

  At 9/06/2005 7:51 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Hola Catalina -

Acabo de descubrir tu blog mientras lei el Blog the Eric en BeattheGmat. Que coincidencia yo tambien estoy en Bogota, estudiando para este examen. Claro que tenemos algunas diferencias. Yo ya tome el toefl (despues de leer tu entries en ingles no creo que vayas a tener ningun problema) y mi time frame es mucho mas corto que el tuyo. Yo empece a estudiar hace un mes y espero tomar el examen en maximo dos. En fin, nada mas queria saludarte y establecer un contacto que creo puede ser util durante este proceso de estudio. Saludos!!
Hola, que bueno que estes estudiando para el GMAT, te deseo muchisima suerte. Me pareceria muy interesante estar en contacto. Dame tu correo y estamos conversando.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  At 9/07/2005 11:16 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
a new visitor to your blog ... i was forum-hopping on testmagic and i don't know how i landed on this blog ;)

Your blog stands out from others because it is bilingual ( a first for me ) ... you do have patience :-) sometime back i had started a general blog but my laziness forced me to abandon it ;)

was skimming through your posts ( trying to improve RC skill )
don't be disheartened when people criticize your blog.... ASK THOSE PEOPLE TO PEN A SINGLE POST ON THEIR OWN AND THEN THEY WILL REALISE THE EFFORT THAT IS INVOLVED ....

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR GMAT PREP ...
  At 9/20/2005 1:04 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Great blog, I must say. Sometimes I wonder how come u go through all the gruelling experiences of posting so long write-up.
hats off because I myself can't do that.