Working out

July 06, 2006
O.K. so far I am really happy about how this fatigue thing is going on. Here is my fighting plan:

Yesterday, I went around my house and check for a gym or something like that for exercise, as my doctor asked me.

The gym I found it very stressful, I don’t know why, but this is not the kind of environment for me... I like things more laid back, I think that if I am going for a gym to take all the stress away, I want it to be nice, but everything was really confined, everything was so close, I didn’t really liked it...


Later, I went to the yoga-pilates center... I really liked, more my kind of thing, so I decided that from next week I will enter the yoga center, I like very much because is a very dynamic kind of yoga (ashtanga) and I can also combine it with pilates, the environment is very cool, so I am happy with it.

I’ve also been using the elliptical machine that I have at home, I will just use more and more frequent. And also will go to the park to jog on weekends. On week days I am quite not sure, because in Bogotá sun goes out very late and I would get to work late and at night is not safe to work out on the park, and there are a lot of contamination on the streets.

To complement all this exercise part, I’ve been taking a multivitamin and sulbutiamine. Today I just got b-complex, and I am going to increase the amount of proteins that I eat (I read it in a medicine site, but I didn’t pay attention to it until today, when I read a comment about it)

The most important thing is Mental Positive Attitude, which is the key, for everything in life.

Checking the messages that I got from everybody I found a lot of nice and very cheering-kind words... I would like to say thanks to all of you guys for being so cool and caring. And Aashim thanks a lot for your good ideas and advice.
 
posted by Catalina at 7/06/2006, |

3 Comments:

  At 7/13/2006 10:40 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
hii catalina, im a GMAT testmagician - phew sounds awkword well yes i would be a testmagician after my gmat (if i write that well that is..).Well i just went through ur blog and read about - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, well first of all GET WELL SOON and good that u have a fight plan for that, thts a correct step in correct direction. And yes YOGA is a sure shot cure for this and anykind of disease and if i may add why dont u start playing some sport that would involve somephysical activity?? believe me that would do u a world of good.

all the very best and get well soon...
Hi Vijay, Thanks for your concern, I feel a lot better now... but yes, as you tought, I changed my test date... I had to! And how is your prep going? this week I will write you... Good to hear from you again
Hi Aaragorn, I´ve seen you on test magic before... thanks for visiting.

And yes, I am not only in the yoga vibe, but also, into the eliptical machine thing, which is a good way of keeping in motion at home...